APEX Investigation specializes in personalized due diligence investigations and public records checks nationwide. APEX Investigation provides prompt and advanced intelligence by gathering and examining crucial information. APEX has established and continues to maintain accounts with major data aggregators and public records sources, as well as a vast network of strategic partnerships, to easily access the required information. Due diligence investigations can be conducted within days or weeks, based on the subject’s location.
A due diligence investigation is a thorough examination of a business, property, individual, or other subject aimed at uncovering any illegal or improper activities, past litigations, and financial information. The investigation provides a comprehensive view of the subject’s history, reputation, finances, past performance, client history, and any other potential liabilities. Some examples of liabilities that a due diligence investigation may uncover include a history of financial difficulties such as bankruptcies and foreclosures, previous lawsuits or fraud allegations, undisclosed affiliation with a poorly reputed individual, overseas human rights violations, and an individual’s criminal history.
A typical due diligence investigation can be broken down into the following stages:
- Planning and Preparation: Defining the scope of the investigation and gathering necessary information and resources.
- Information Gathering: Collecting relevant data and documents related to the subject being investigated. This can include financial records, legal documents, and other relevant information.
- Analysis: Examining the gathered information to identify potential risks or liabilities.
- Verification: Confirm the validity and accuracy of the information collected.
- Reporting: Summarizing the findings and presenting them in a clear and concise manner.
- Follow-up: Addressing any issues or concerns that arose during the investigation and taking appropriate action.
Note: The specific stages and the level of detail involved in a due diligence investigation may vary depending on the nature and scope of the investigation.
A company’s reputation is essential and must be safeguarded. However, a single unscrupulous associate or misinformed investment decision can result in substantial harm to a company’s image and financial stability. Conducting a thorough due diligence investigation can prevent unwanted investments, surprises, and legal issues from affecting your business. Due diligence provides a comprehensive understanding of a situation, enabling you to make informed and profitable decisions.